Calling All Choreographers
The Young Artists Showcase(YAS) is an online contest which will be a series of challenges as designed by top ice skating choreographers to help the young choreographers develop their craft. Online contest starts May 4, 2012.
Answers to: Frequently Asked Questions receipt
1. Complete application and make video resume of work. (You may make a montage 3 minutes long, NO extra “special effects” editing,)
2. You can be your own “talent” on camera OR you can have other skaters perform your choreography.
3. Once your application has been received (and payment verified), you will receive the “Uploading Information & Pass Code.”
4. Upload your video to the YouTube Site.
5. Submit before close of entry deadline. No late applications will be accepted. (April 20, 2012.)
6. IF you are a finalist you will be notified by April 27, 2012.
7. Applicants not selected will be sent an evaluation and YAS T-shirt after May, 2012.
8. Each week the assigned challenge will be posted on G2CYAS YouTube channel and the G2C website. Posting time will be Sunday night at 7pm EST. It is up to the Finalist/Contestant to view the challenge and complete the work by the prescribed due date.
9. Questions concerning the assignment can be asked by contacting Audrey Weisiger at 703-338-9598 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Emphasis is not on technical skills (jumps), rather the use of skating to music in the prescribed challenge.
11. Contestants must post their work as directed by the deadline. Late work will not be accepted.
12. Reviews of work will be posted 48 hours after the assignments have been posted. Each work will be given a rating using stars, half and whole. The contestants with the highest number of stars will go onto the live show June 27, 2012.
13. The live show will consist of two challenges, one that the contestants will prepare in advance, and one that will be during the live show.
14. The judges will post their reviews each week on G2CYAS YouTube. Each week there will be a new panel. The live show will have three judges, the audience and the contestants themselves vote.
15. All work MUST be your own, without any outside help.
16. (For all finalists/challenges) All performers in the online contest are asked to wear neat, form-fitting black clothing for their online contest videos. Please—no costumes, no special lighting, and no “special effects” or editing of individual pieces unless specified for the challenge. (Costume & Lighting rules, do not apply to the Application Videos.)
17. All decisions are final.
SUPPORT YOUR ART! Be a “Friend Of YAS!”
For more information see www.youngartistsshowcase.net